These little beauties are so simple that a monkey could probably make them. The recipe was shared with me on my Facebook from a page called Race 4 Fitness. I'm so thankful that they shared this recipe because they are so quick and simple and they are super yummy!
My favourite pie has always been lemon meringue. The meringue is so light and fluffy, and so good. I have seen recipes online for meringue bites, and they sound so good that I finally broke down an made a batch. The recipes online vary from site to site, so I just did my own thing and hoped for the best. These tasty little treats are great and I will definitely be making them again.
1. Preheat the oven to 275F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the egg whites and flavouring (I used maple) and whisk on high
2. Gradually add in the sugar.
3. Continue to whisk on high until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
4. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
5. Transfer the completed meringue into a icing bag with the decorating tip of your choice.
6. Pipe the meringues onto the cookie sheets.
7. Place the cookie sheets in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheets and then
bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
9. Allow to cool before eating and enjoy!